Long Lost Family proved to be a real tear-jerker tonight after a Nigerian father collapsed and threw his first meeting with his 39-year-old daughter into jeopardy. Laura Aker, who grew up in Kirkcaldy in Scotland, needed to know why her father Andrew Olum Ekpang abandoned her after meeting her mother while training for the Navy. The mother-of-three discovered that the man she called dad was not her real father as a teenager, before being shown a letter where Andy promised to return.
- Nigerian celebrities who don’t know how to dress at all – #2 is hopeless – (With Photos)
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
Nicky Campbell and the team found Laura’s half-brother Ntem on Facebook and made contact with him.
He revealed that he knew from birth about Laura and that she had always been important to Andy, but financial constraints meant he couldn’t see her.
Andy was “very elated” to see his daughter for the first time, but tragedy struck when he collapsed a week before he was due to travel and was taken to hospital.
It was touch and go whether he would be able to fly, but fortunately after three weeks his doctor gave him the all clear to fly over to meet his daughter.
Andy arrived at the airport with his walking stick beside his son Ntem.
Speaking to Nicky, he said:
“I had to [make it] and it is really wonderful and great.”
“I felt terribly happy and thanked my God that my daughter had been looking for me. I have always been thinking about her.
“It’s sad. There are moments I sit round with my children and Laura is not there.”
Laura broke down in tears after Davina McCall told her that her dad has been found and was ‘thrilled’ to see her – before letting her know she has 12 siblings.
They finally shared a hug during an emotional meeting at a hotel where Laura and her dad said they loved each other.
Ntem broke down in tears of happiness and admitted his half-sister “meant so much” to them.
“I just felt a connection straight away. When my dad said he loved me it was everything I hoped for. Now I feel not only part of my family in Scotland but also part of my massive family in Nigeria.”
Source – MirrorUK
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian actors who you never knew are lecturers in universities (With Pictures)
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- Nigerian celebs that really don’t like themselves but pretend to – #7 could “kill themselves” (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)