American technology and retail entrepreneur, investor, computer scientist & philanthropist Jeff Bezos is now the richest man in the world after amassing nearly $7billion overnight as at Friday morning. According to calculations by CNBC & Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the Amazon chief’s wealth shot up to more than $90 billion due to Amazon’s share price surging. This helped Bezos move past Bill Gates to become the world’s richest man.
Gates also added to his fortune with $550 million but his earnings was not enough to stay ahead of Bezos. This could still change however if Microsoft‘s shares continue to rise and Amazon’s shares drop. This is not Bezos’ first time on top however, as he once toppled Gates on June 27 but only spent a day on top before Bill Gates reclaimed first spot.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)