Winner of The Voice Nigeria talent Hunt Show Daniel Diongoli popularly known as Idyl couldn’t just hold back his excitement when he emerged winner. In a recent interview he reveals he was literally forced to register for the show by his friends.
It was not really my idea to audition for the voice; my friends pushed me into doing it. When I was registering, I did not think I was going to win because I had auditioned for several reality television shows before I became the winner of The Voice Nigeria. I auditioned for Project Fame from Season Five to Nine.
I went for Nigerian Idols auditions from Season Three to Five. I went for X-Factor as well. I have gone for so many auditions. Whenever I went for auditions, the judges would tell me that I was good but not yet ripe for the stage. Some would tell me I am good and I would go back home expecting their calls but they never reached out to me.
Regardless of what they told me, I did not stop pursuing my dream because where I come from, we do not stop till we get what we want. Music is life to me, it is the only way I express myself. Saying that I would stop pursuing my dream means that I would stop living
Speaking about his childhood, Idyl said,
My childhood was amazing and I learnt a lot of things that has helped me with life. I come from Bayelsa State and there are a lot of talents in that state but people do not know.
I moved to Lagos about six months ago and this has happened to me. I came to Lagos to do a six months music program at MUSON Centre and pursue my career in music.
The lowest point of the competition for me was when I was put up for eviction. During the times I was on probation, the whole scenario weighed me down a bit. I later picked myself up and kept pushing.
Idyl said it still feels like a dream winning the show.
Although I have been the winner of The Voice Nigeria Season Two for a short while, my life has really changed. I am beginning to get used to being a star.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)