“Why I am building statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains, Unveils Liberian President’s Stature
The Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha has unveiled the statue built in honor of visiting Liberian president, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. Although, while appreciating the gesture of the state governor, the Liberian president said she has never received such an honor. According to her, she has a statue in her alma mater, Harvard University, but the size of the statue cannot be compared to the one built by the Rochas Okorocha administration.
Shortly after unveiling the statue of the Liberian President, Rochas Okorocha was asked by a journalist why he is building statues and he replied:
“To immortalize people so our children yet unborn can read a piece of them. History is dying in Africa. We must keep history alive. In the next 100 years to come, most of us will not be here but this will stand for children to read stories and mold their character. If leaders are not mortalized, there will not be history for children yet unborn’.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)