A 53-year-old man, identified as Wendell Melton shot and killed his 14-year-old son Giovanni over his sexual orientation.
“Giovanni was abused physically and mentally and spiritually for many, many years,” said Sonja Jones, Giovanni’s former foster mom. Over the phone, Jones spoke of the teen she loved as one of her own.
Jones says she was told by another family member that part of the argument that led to the deadly shooting was over Giovanni’s sexual orientation. Jones says Wendell Melton had problems with it.
“He hated the fact that his son was gay,” said Jones. “I’m sure that inside of his mind, he would rather have a dead son than a gay son.” Court records show Wendell Melton worked for United Airlines. He once was a pilot.
Jones says Wendell threatened his son before. “I’m hearing his dad had caught him with his boyfriend before and pulled out a gun on him,” said Jones. Giovanni was a student at Coronado High School. Jones says a beautiful life was taken away because of ignorance. “I hope they throw the book at him. I hope he never sees the light of day,” said Jones. “I hope every day when he looks in the mirror, he sees his son’s face.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)