According to the Publicity Secretary of the Nigeria Referees Association, Kelechi Mejuobi, FIFA has presented badges to 29 Nigerian referees. They are 22 men and 7 women referees.
He said the male referees consist of 14 centre referees and assistant referees, four futsal referees and four beach soccer referees. He said the seven women are all football referees and assistant referees.
“From the 2017 approved referees, Abubakar Ago – from male football – Hadiza Musa – from female football – and Ushie Micheal – from beach soccer – all retired and have been replaced by three young referees – Abubarka Abdulahi (men’s football), Patience Madu (women’s football) and Olayinka Olajide (beach soccer). The referees received their FIFA badges from the Nigeria Football Federation officials in Kano and are available to officiate in any continental game – as well as domestic matches” he said.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- “The photographer na wash” – Nigerians blast couple because of their pre-wedding pics
- #BBNaija: “My closeness with Efe was real, I don’t mind dating him” – Marvis
- 8 reasons to be okay with being hated by people – #6 will make you a grater person
- 20 most expensive houses in the world and their prices, owners. This list will blow your mind
- The 6 most humble Nigerian celebrities – #3 is a shy billionaire! (With Pictures)
- 10 Nigerian celebrity marriages that will never get a divorce – #2 met his wife “untouched” (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities with the most expensive houses- #10 cost close to a billion Naira (photos)