George Weah has been declared winner of the presidential election in Liberia which took place yesterday December 26th. The retired footballer defeated his 73-year-old opponent, Vice President Joseph Boakai to become the 25th president of Liberia. The result of the election was announced today Wednesday, December 27th.
An excited Weah took to his twitter handle to appreciate his family, friends and well wishers for their support during and after his campaign
“I am deeply grateful to my family, my friends, and my loyal supporters who contributed to our campaign during this extremely long election season,” he wrpte on twitter
Weah is set to replace Africa’s first female head of state, economist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
Weah is a former AC Milan International and also the first African footballer to win the FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d’Or.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- See how Paul Okoye brought Wizkid and Davido to perform together
- Real facts about Rita Dominic you never knew – #4 and #8 will knock you out (With Photos)
- 15 Nicki Minaj’s Transformation that shows that she’s very crazy – See which of her body part is fake
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- 10 celebs who looked better before they became rich and famous – Nicki Minaj was way prettier (With Pics)
- 8 Nigerian celebrities with multiple baby mamas – #1 has 39 children from countless women (With Pics)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)