Oprah Winfrey made a stunning announcement in Australia, revealing she named the infant son she lost when she was just 14. While speaking at An Evening with Oprah, she told the crowd “So I have named him, I had a little boy named Canaan. I did have a son. And I named him Canaan because Canaan means new land, new life.” Winfrey went on to speak about the sexual abuse she experienced as a child, which resulted in her pregnancy with Canaan.
“I was raped at 9 years old by a cousin, then again by another family member, and another family member,” Winfrey said. She added that she hid the pregnancy because of the “pain and shame.”
The baby boy was reportedly premature and passed away in the hospital weeks after he was born.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 5 easy ways to avoid pregnancy without using condom
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 12 celebs you never knew were lesbians, bisexuals and gays – #4 will definitely knock you off (With Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 28 photos that prove Dubai is the craziest city in the World – These guys spend money like it’s nothing (With Pics)
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest