Twenty-five-year-old daughter of Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola, Florence Ifeoluwa, aka DJ Cuppy is a global disc jockey and producer. Nigerian disc jockey, DJ Cuppy made her music debut this year with a Tekno-assisted smash hit titled “Green Light“. The single has been making waves since its release alongside a music video. She had a chat with NET TV recently where the female disc jockey disclosed she has not always had it easy. “I always call my dad a bit of a cloud, which is lingering over me, but I also work really hard. I think it is a gender thing and as women, we have to work twice as hard to get our voices out there. Whenever I get to perform, people have already decided. I then hear things like ‘she is rubbish, she only got this show because of her dad’, It is really painful”
Speaking further, she adds “initially, it used to affect me but it doesn’t affect me anymore. I love what I do, and I am good at what I do and that’s all that matters. If I was depending on my dad only, I don’t think I would have been able to come this far because being a female DJ is not easy”.
“It’s even harder being a woman, I have had to work extra because when you go out, they will say you are a woman and you don’t know anything, but nothing is handed to me on a silver platter, it is not all icing or cupcakes everyday, I have a great team that works really hard”, she explained further.
While showering accolades on her fellow colleagues in the industry, an enthusiastic DJ Cuppy said, “it is such a great time for music, Tekno has had a great year with major hits, he also worked with me on my single, ‘greenlight’. I am also really exited about Niniola and Simi because they are so talented. Of course our Princes, Wizkid and Davido are killing it on the global scene, so basically, things are going good music industry”, she concluded.
Here’s the video:
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Pushing her Mother-in-law down and 5 other incidents that allegedly crashed Tonto Dikeh’s marriage
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian celebrities who don’t know how to dress at all – #2 is hopeless – (With Photos)
- 10 celebrities who ruined their lives with plastic surgery – #9 wanted to look like a barbie but… (With Pics)
- Top 10 richest and most powerful families in the whole of Africa; their net-worth, what they do & more – #1 & #6 are Nigerians (With Pics)
- 8 major signs he’s only using you for s*x – If you notice #4, RUN AWAY!
- 8 Communication techniques which will make your lover open up to you no matter how bad a situation is