The Police said on Sunday, December 3 that it saw no reason to disband the unit because it was doing quite well in its given duties across the nation. Police spokesman Jimoh Moshood said SARS has been doing well and moves to have the unit scrapped should be seriously condemned. He said: “As we speak, SARS is doing fantastically well across the country in reducing incidents of robbery to the barest minimum… they are doing very, very well.
“There has not been any specific violation of human rights against any SARS personnel. So anybody that is spreading such a rumour is not doing the nation any good.
“SARS has no excesses and when there is any, we do investigate.
“The call for SARS to be scrapped should be condemned by all well-meaning Nigerians. Anybody calling for their proscription is not doing the nation any good and such people should be suspected as having something to hide.”
Rather than attack SARS, Moshood urged Nigerians with complaints to pass through the proper channel for adequate attention.
“Accessibility (to the police in cases of complaints) is very possible. “We do not take any infraction or violation of human right of any Nigerian likely. You know that so many police officers have been dismissed and even charged to court.
“So, Nigerians should not give in to insinuations from people that just come to the social media and start spreading falsehood. Such people spreading such information may likely be armed robbers themselves.
“There is laid down rules for police procedures and any police officer that go beyond boundary to do something outrageous which is against the law is apprehended.”
Earlier we had reported about how Nigerians across social media called for the end of the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) as they shared their shocking experiences. Read more on that HERE
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- T.B Joshua has finally spoken truth on tithe – OAP Freeze
- The real story of Fathia Balogun and Saheed Balogun – What really happened between them; How things are between them now, their children & more
- 7 easiest home-made remedies to get rid of dark knees, knuckles and elbows
- I waited until my wedding night to lose my virginity and I wish I hadn’t..
- 7 Nigerian female celebrities who live large and flaunt it – you will be stunned after seeing this
- ‘This is Why You Didn’t Stay in Your Marriage, Ashewo Street Girl’ – Fans Blast Mercy Aigbe on Her Swimsuit
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters – #5 is a damsel (With Photos)