Nigeria’s dancehall act Timaya has bagged a Grammy Nomination for his feature on Morgan Heritage’s “Avrakedabra”. The singer alongside Stonebwoy from Ghana, Chubb Rock, Stylo G, Bunji Garlin, Dre Zion & Jaheil had featured on a track titled “Reggae night,” on Morgan Heritage’s new album, “Avrekedabra.”
“Avrekedabra” was nominated for the Best Reggae Album award and will slug it out with “Chronology” by Chronixx, “Lost in Paradise” by Common Kings, “Wash House Ting” by J Boog and “Stony Hill” by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley. If the album wins in its category at the 60th Grammy Awards, Timaya will be the first Nigerian-based act to win a Grammy.
The 60th edition of The Grammy Awards will air live from the Madison Square Gardens on January 28.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- These photos of Sola Sobowale and her daughter are just so adorable (PHOTOS)
- 10 celebs who looked better before they became rich and famous – Nicki Minaj was way prettier (With Pics)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- Real facts about Rita Dominic you never knew – #4 and #8 will knock you out (With Photos)
- UNBELIEVABLE!! Nigerian celebrities who have lost a lot of weight – See how they did it & ‘before and after’ photos
- Hairstyles Nigerian men love to see on their women (With Pictures)
- Pushing her Mother-in-law down and 5 other incidents that allegedly crashed Tonto Dikeh’s marriage