For some weeks now, tongues have been waging that popular singer; Small Doctor was once a prison inmate. In a recent interview with the rave of the moment artiste, he described such talks as laughable. He used the opportunity to state why he went to prison. The ‘Penalty’ singer said, “It is true that I was a bus conductor and a commercial motorcyclist. I also hawked sachet water but I thank God for the gift of life now because I am one of the most sought-after artistes at the moment.
I just feel that there is no limitation to what anybody can achieve in life. Those locked up in prisons are human beings too and that is not the end of their lives, so I decided to reach out to them.
Also, my colleague, Lamboginny, reached out to me and said he wished we should go to the prison and perform for them, so I gladly agreed. I have never been a prisoner and I laughed when I learnt that people thought I was once an inmate because of this gesture. I just feel we should always put a smile on the faces of other people regardless of any situation they are facing in life.”
The singer told Saturday Beats that ever since he attained fame, his mother’s advice to him was to ensure that he only comes home late at night. “My mother is a teacher but she is very publicity-shy. She has never been a socialite and even those that live around her only know her as a landlady and not Small Doctor’s mother, simply because she is publicity-shy. She always tells me to make sure I don’t come to the house in the afternoon but at midnight. She is just a private person. However, I would have loved a little spotlight to shine on her because she has done so much and she is the best mom in the world,” he said.
“I don’t think I have enough money to get married but it would come at the perfect time. Definitely, I would love to get married soon and when it happens, it would be all over town that Small Doctor is getting married. When it is time, the world would know. Anytime from now, the miracle would happen and I would get married,” he said.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 popular Nigerian Celebrity Relationship Breakups that will never be forgotten (With Pictures)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 10 rappers who have made over a $100 million – #5 is already broke despite the fortunes he made (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- REVEALED! Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)