Tragedy struck yesterday in Babcock University, as a 500 level student of accounting whose name was not given, reportedly did the unexpected following a heartbreak. According to a social media user who shared the story, the Babcock University student who proposed to a lady, but got turned down, tore his cloth and that of his ‘crush’, and ran naked to the female hostel in the school, professing his love for the girl who broke his heart.
Here’s the story below;
Recall that in 2017, Air Craftsman Kalu Bernard was found guilty by a 10-man Nigeria Air Force (NAF) General Court Martial over the killing of his girl friend and colleague, Solape Oladipupo, has sentenced him to death by hanging.
Jealous Bernard, 21, had shot and killed Solape when he allegedly caught her in the arms of another man at the Air Force Base, Makurdi on March 12, 2017.
Military sources indicated that Bernard, after shooting his double-dating girlfriend, was overpowered by the lover while trying to shoot him.
ALSO READ Sunnyside Police Officers Assault an Unarmed Nigerian on the Street of Pretoria, South Africa
Flight Lt. M. A. Umoh, Judge Advocate of the court, in a 70-page narration of the case that lasted through the early hours of Wednesday, listed the eight-count charges as murder, failure to perform military duty, housebreaking and impersonation.
Others included loss of service property, disobedience of service order and prejudice to service discipline.
“The accused has pleaded not guilty to all the charges, but the prosecution has proved its case against him beyond a reasonable doubt,” he stated.
In his judgement, President of the court, Group Capt. Elisha Bindul, who said that the accused was found guilty in six, out of the eight-count charges preferred against him, sentenced him to death by hanging.
He, however, said that the sentence was subject to the confirmation of the conveying authority.
The defence counsel, Abimiku Ewuga, had earlier prayed the court to temper justice with mercy in its sentence, especially as the accused was a first time offender and bread winner of his family.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Untold story of Nigeria’s King of Money, Victor Okafor, EzeEgo 1 of Ihiala – How he died, His kids, mansions & more (Photos)
- The heartwarming story of Paul Okoye and his wife – How they met, age difference, their children and much more (PHOTOS)
- Photos of Nigerian celebrity bedrooms that will completely leave you speechless (With Photos)
- History of Aso Rock Presidential Villa & mind blowing photos you’ve never seen before
- Meet Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson’s brothers and sisters – Childhood, parents, family history, twin sister rumour and much more (With Pics)
- Real facts about Rita Dominic you never knew – #4 and #8 will knock you out (With Photos)
- 10 Nigerian actors who you never knew are lecturers in universities (With Pictures)