Meet the two Nigerians who founded the successful e-commerce project Jumia before it was taken over – See how MTN & other big companies took over (PICS
Jumia founders: Find out important information about one of the largest Nigerian projects in the field of electronic commerce. In just a few years it managed to become a famous and popular brand. Owing to whose efforts did this happen? Learn who created this company and who manages it now.
Founders and investors
- It was created in 2012 on the initiative of Tunde Kehinde and Raphael Afaedor.
- They were leaders of the company until they left it in 2014. The new leaders Nicolas Martins and Jeremy Doutte took their places.
- News about the inevitability of this decision appeared as early as December 2013.
- As a result, each of the entrepreneurs started his own new business.
- Global companies MTN, Rocket Internet, and Millicom received 33.3% of the shares of the Internet holding. That is, the founders left the company without having even the smallest share.
- In 2016, Jumia Group received over €300M of funding from MTN, Rocket Internet, AXA, Goldman Sachs, Orange, and CDC.
Kehinde and Afaedor confirmed that Jumia online store was an exciting project. They are proud of their work and wish the best to the people who work in the company now. Together they wrote a history of e-commerce in Nigeria.