The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has lastly defined why he sacked over 22,000 lecturers within the state. In accordance with him, the affected individuals have been dismissed from their jobs as a result of they have been unqualified. El-Rufai mentioned that the sacking of incompetent lecturers didn’t begin along with his administration, including that earlier governments additionally died likewise.
He identified that on the resumption of workplace, the Schooling Sector Help Programme in Nigeria, ESSPIN, report he obtained confirmed that 83 per cent of the lecturers scored lower than 25 per cent in Maths and literacy exams.
The governor, who spoke in a broadcast to Kaduna folks forward of the New 12 months, recalled that the federal government of the late Sir Patrick Yakowa dismissed 4,000 lecturers with faux outcomes.
He additional recalled that the Yakowa-led authorities responded to reviews that 50 per cent of major faculty lecturers have been unqualified by giving such lecturers a five-year deadline to amass the suitable .
El-Rufai mentioned, “The Kaduna State Government Council, at its August eight, 2012 assembly, after contemplating the report of the verification committee, gave a five-year window for under-qualified lecturers to amass the Nigeria Certificates in Schooling (NCE).
“This five-year grace interval has now expired, and that’s the reason this administration weeded out lecturers who didn’t have the requisite expertise and to show,” he mentioned.
El-Rufai additionally recalled that the 2015 ESSPIN report on pupil and instructor competence ranges confirmed that 83 per cent of the lecturers scored lower than 25 per cent in Maths and literacy exams.
Main two pupils scored a mean of 14 per cent in English and 27 per cent in Maths, whereas major 4 pupils scored a mean of 13 per cent in English and 17 per cent in Numeracy.
The governor added, “The federal government responded to this report by getting the Nationwide Open College of Nigeria (NOUN) to conduct a survey of instructor competence. We took additional steps to handle these gaps by coaching and retraining the lecturers.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- “My Time Is Up, I Don’t Want To Live” – Lady Shares Photos Of Herself Taking An Overdose Of Drugs
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- American woman says Wizkid lasts only 60 secs, Nigerians react – See what the lady posted online + reactions (PICS)
- 5 celebrity marriage scandals and breakups of 2017 that got people talking all year long – Read all the details about the scandals and Breakups (PICS)
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- Meet all Pastor Adeboye’s children and facts you should know about them – His last son is a top businessman with many luxury investments (With Pics)
- All you really need to you know about Postinor 2 – This is what they won’t tell you