Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state while speaking to some youths yesterday has revealed he washed dead bodies as a youth to pay his tuition fees while schooling abroad. The Governor made this known while urging youths to have a positive mindset toward hardwork at a South-West Youths Regional Summit in Osogbo.
He disclosed he spent eight years abroad washing dead bodies to survive. According to him, his parents only sent him 30 dollars all through his stay abroad, adding that he had to look for a way to survive.
“I left Nigeria in 1963 to study abroad, but throughout my stay there, I was washing dead bodies to support myself to go to school.
“When ever I got home from work, I will be weeping, remembering the number of dead bodies I washed.
“My boss at work then said I should not be afraid or fear, adding that such feeling is normal for first comers.
“He encouraged me to always see those dead bodies as iced fish.
“But against all odds, I survived and that is why I am urging youths to see hard work as the only way to success. “I am saying this to challenge the youth of our next generation not to give up.
“This is our chance as youths and as Yorubas to come together to chart a successful pathway for the country.’’
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Willow Smith has grown into a beautiful lady – Check out her beach photos
- Check out Nollywood actress, Adesua Etomi’s childhood, family, net worth & many more – You wont’t believe she was born with a silver spoon (With Pics)
- Meet Banky W’s family: His parents, siblings, what they do for living, love life, wealth more (With Photos)
- Olayode ‘Toyo baby’ Juliana reveals the real reason why she left Jenifa’s Diary (full details)
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- How I caught my cheating fiancee during the Christmas holiday – Guys, you will fear women when you read this