1. Amy Winehouse
Praised for her blended style of soul, rhythm, blues and jazz, Winehouse became the first British female to win five Grammy Awards thanks to hits like “Rehab,’ “Back to Black” and “You Know I’m No Good” – all before the age of 25.
Turning heads in 2005 for more than just her voice, Winehouse worried fans when she arrived to red carpet events and concerts looking much thinner and exhausted.
In 2006 when Winehouse’s grandmother passed away, things only worsened. A year later, Winehouse canceled a majority of her tour dates in the UK and Europe and was later admitted to a hospital after overdosing on a combination of heroin, cocaine and alcohol. Admitting issues with self-harm and depression, the 2007 wake-up call went unnoticed as Winehouse was found dead just four years later on July 23, 2011 from alcohol poisoning.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 11 Nigerian Child Stars of the 1990s’ and 2000s’ you won’t recognise today – #7 is a cheerful giver & #5 recently married (With Photos)
- 12 of the oldest spinsters in Nollywood reveal why they haven’t married, GENEVIEVE’s reason is quite funny
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who gave birth at a young age – #7 was 14yrs when she had her 1st child (Full pics of their kids)
- 12 Rich celebs who don’t help their poor siblings (With Pictures)