It won’t be surprising for anyone not familiar with the success story of foremost Nigerian female Disc Jockey; Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola, better known as DJ Cuppy, daughter of billionaire oil business tycoon, Femi Otedola, to think that it has always been a smooth sail for her as a celebrity female DJ in a male dominated music industry.
Most people would believe that since her father is rich and influential, she would always have it easy where others find it very difficult. But such is not the case all the time for the alluring DJ recently turned performing artiste.
In a chat with E-Daily,DJ Cuppy said though she is the daughter of an oil magnate, her dad’s name rarely opens all doors for her.
“People have to understand that just because I was born into my family does not mean that it opens all doors, that is everyone’s outside perspective. My inside perspective is just being someone’s child; how can being someone’s child be used against you? I can walk into a room and before I even open my mouth, everyone has decided, and it’s like you are not giving a young woman a chance to even prove herself.”
She added that unlike Davido, she is not the type who would exploit her father’s influence to get things done.
“The only difference between Davido and I is that he decided to use the influence as an advantage from an early stage. So David was like I am ‘omo baba olowo’ (OBO), take it or leave it! I’m not that kind of person, he was smart though, because before you can even do anything, he has already told you he is the son of a millionaire. He did his brand thing well and he’s about that lush life, he lives large and he’s not apologising for who he is,” she said.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 11 Nigerian Child Stars of the 1990s’ and 2000s’ you won’t recognise today – #7 is a cheerful giver & #5 recently married (With Photos)
- 12 of the oldest spinsters in Nollywood reveal why they haven’t married, GENEVIEVE’s reason is quite funny
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who gave birth at a young age – #7 was 14yrs when she had her 1st child (Full pics of their kids)
- 12 Rich celebs who don’t help their poor siblings (With Pictures)