76 intriguing facts you never knew about pastor E.A Adeboye as he turns 76 – He is a honourary citizen of 5 states in America (Photos)
Today is the 76th birthday of the highly esteemed General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Adeboye. The revered man of God has already received several congratulatory messages from loved ones and church members all over the globe. To also celebrate his birthday, here are 76 things you may not know about the Spiritual father to many great men of God in Nigeria and all over the world.
- He was born on 2nd March, 1942.
- He hails from Ifewara, Osun state.
- He came from a very poor family, he never wear shoes until he was 18.
- Got admitted to Ilesha Grammar School in 1956.
- He got Bsc in Mathematics from the University of Ife in 1967.
- Bagged Masters degree in Hydrodynamics in 1969 from the University of Lagos.
- Bagged PhD in Applied Mathematics in 1975 from University of Lagos.
- His earliest vision was to be the youngest Vice Chancellor in Africa.
- He got married in 1967 to Foluke Adenike (Nee Adeyokunnu).
- The severe sickness of his daughter led him to The Redeemed Christian Church Of God in 1973.
- He became bornagain under the ministration of Late Rev.Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi at The Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Ebute Metta on 29th July 1973.
- His sold his goat and borrowed money from neighbours in order to pay for his school fees for him to enroll in the only missionary school in his village.
- Pastor Adeboye was born on Sunday when rain falling and sun was shining.
- His childhood nickname is ‘’The Tiger’’.
- He was born at a time when a certain king mounted the throne in Ilesha, Osun state.
- Pastor Adeboye was born at home on a Sunday with no one to midwife his birth process.
- His full names :Elijah, Sunday, Olagundoye, Adetona, Enoch, Adejare, Adeboye.
- He started his university education in University of Nigeria Nsukka but civil war forced him to University of Ife in the final year.