Six-year-old Blue Ivy stole the show when she decided to bid $19k on some art, as her parents tried to pry away the bidding paddle from her grip. Last night, Beyonce, Jay -Z and Blue attended the 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala at Alexandria Ballrooms in Los Angeles, in matching outfits. The evening’s theme was ‘From WACO to Wakanda’ and everyone’s outfits reflected the Black Panther. Sitting in between her parents waving the paddle board to grab the auctioneers attention.
Then came the moment when Blue jumped in on the live auction event and bid $17,000 on an acrylic painting of the actor Sidney Poitier. Her dad Jay Z’s reaction to that is just priceless. Watch below.
Jay Z tried to stop his daughter from bidding the tens of thousands of dollars but failed Blue Ivy didn’t even give up when the price bumped up to $19,000.
Blue was asked by the auctioneer if she’ll bid 19,000 dollars. Blue waves her number excitedly and beams when her name is called out to the crowd. But Jay Z appears to be smiling through gritted teeth and even tries to put her hand down. Press play to watch:
Vanity Fair reports Blue Ivy lost the bidding war to Tyler Perry, who won the painting for $20,000. But that didn’t stop Blue Ivy, who next bid $10,000 and won a different piece of art made up of deconstructed law and medical texts.
Reactions to video of Blue Ivy bidding $19000 for art after it was posted on Twitter include:
Blue Ivy out here bidding $19,000 for art. *cries in poorness*”
One fan laughed: “Jay Z looking at her like, ‘You got art money?’”
Another said: “Jay slid her hand down like, ‘ok this s*** ain’t cute no more’”.
One commented: “BlueIvy spent 19k last night on art she a young baller.”
And one added: “Jay was not with it.”
The famous family were out in LA on Saturday night to celebrate the 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala at LA’s Alexandria Ballrooms.
The Wearable Art Gala was put on by WACO Theater Center – which was co-founded by Beyonce’s mother Tina and her husband Richard.
The night embraced a Black Panther inspired #WACOtoWakanda theme for the evening.
Beyonce’s mother Tina Lawson, 64, also stunned in a gold gown.
Blue Ivy is also trending at this moment for writing these adorable messages to her mother Beyoncé & her daddy’s mother, Gloria.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 18 shocking photos of celebs before and after drugs
- See the first ever Big Brother Naija that was held in 2006 – Most of the housemates are popular and wealthy now (With Photos)
- Proofs that show Davido bought all his hit songs and see the celebs he paid for them (With Photos)
- Top 10 richest and most powerful families in the whole of Africa; their net-worth, what they do & more – #1 & #6 are Nigerians (With Pics)
- 10 times Kim Kardashian forgot to look in the mirror before leaving the house – She should be sued for how she dresses (With Pics)
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 and #1 are Africans (With Pics)