British-Nigerian heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua is expected to earn £20million(N1billion) after defeating New Zealand’s Joseph Parker in the unification fight in Cardiff on Saturday night. According to reports, this new paycheck will take Joshua’s gross earnings from three fights to £50 million.
Joshua will even take home more money if he faces the undefeated WBC heavyweight champion America’s Deontay Wilder, who recently produced a tenth-round stoppage to beat Joe Ortiz.
The mouth watering fight is being scheduled for the last quarter of the year, according to Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn.
The size of Joshua’s paycheck was determined by two factors, his being the home fighter and his being the headline name on the card.
Parker is expected to earn £13million, far more than the £1million pocketed by Joshua’s previous opponent, the Cameroonian Carlos Takam. Joshua then pocketed £15million.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn recently revealed a world unification bout was provisionally pencilled in for November or December 2018.
“The fight with Anthony Joshua is unquestionably the biggest fight in world boxing and anyone that knows me knows how much I would love to stage a fight like that.
“The options are that we go in August in America against someone and then Deontay Wilder, or straight into Wilder. But if we do Wilder it will probably be October, November, December.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 18 shocking photos of celebs before and after drugs
- See the first ever Big Brother Naija that was held in 2006 – Most of the housemates are popular and wealthy now (With Photos)
- Proofs that show Davido bought all his hit songs and see the celebs he paid for them (With Photos)
- Top 10 richest and most powerful families in the whole of Africa; their net-worth, what they do & more – #1 & #6 are Nigerians (With Pics)
- 10 times Kim Kardashian forgot to look in the mirror before leaving the house – She should be sued for how she dresses (With Pics)
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 and #1 are Africans (With Pics)