According To The Weekend: He wants people to know that he is the real and only “Starboy.” And his lawyers are ready to take on any imposters.
TMZ also reports that the Canadian singer’s lawyers filed documentation against Eymun Talasazan, a realtor. Talasazan filed to trademark “Starboy” for his own creative projects long after the Weekend’s album and hit song of the same name.
According to TMZ, the musician’s legal team found Talasazan was up to other shady copyright business. He previously filed to trademark Straight Outta Bombton” and “Runnin’ Through the 6.” Such details reveal one thing: he’s mostly likely in it for the money.
“Starboy” reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart after spending eight consecutive weeks in the slot for number two, Billboard reports. Additionally, “Starboy” is the Weeknd’s third song to reach number one on the chart. It was Daft Punk’s first-ever time holding the number one slot on the chart.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 18 shocking photos of celebs before and after drugs
- See the first ever Big Brother Naija that was held in 2006 – Most of the housemates are popular and wealthy now (With Photos)
- Proofs that show Davido bought all his hit songs and see the celebs he paid for them (With Photos)
- Top 10 richest and most powerful families in the whole of Africa; their net-worth, what they do & more – #1 & #6 are Nigerians (With Pics)
- 10 times Kim Kardashian forgot to look in the mirror before leaving the house – She should be sued for how she dresses (With Pics)
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 and #1 are Africans (With Pics)