France President grants the Malian Migrant who climbed 4 storey building to save a child French Citizenship
Mamoudou Gassama, a 22-year-old undocumented immigrant, has been dubbed “Le Spiderman” because of how fast he scaled the building to get to the child.
After the video of him saving the boy went viral, he met with President Macron at the Elysée Palace, after which Macron revealed that Mamoudou will be granted French citizenship and enrolled as a firefighter in the French fire service.
“All the papers will be put in order,” Macron said when meeting Mamoudou Gassama.
The president later tweeted: “With Mr Gassama who saved the life of a child after scaling four floors with his bare hands. I told him that in recognition of this act of heroism he would be regularized as soon as possible and that the Paris fire brigade were ready to welcome him.”
During his meeting with Macron, Mamoudou told him of his experience.
“I was trembling, I couldn’t believe it,” he said.
Macron asked what condition the child had been in once he’d been rescued.
“He was crying, his feet were hurt” said Gassama, adding that he had seen the toddler since the incident.
“Bravo,” replied the president.
- 15 Reasons why Meghan Markle will never last as a Royal – She might turn out to be another Princess Diana (With Pics)
- LADIES: If you do these 9 things, No man can ever play you!
- The heartwarming story of Paul Okoye and his wife – How they met, age difference, their children and much more (PHOTOS)
- 15 Royal benefits Meghan Markle will enjoy after marrying Prince Harry – Her wardrobe allowance alone is worth MILLIONS (With Pics)
- 15 photos that prove Cee-C is the most attractive and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018