Popular singer, Folarin Falana, has spoken up concerning some vital in the country. The popular musician shred his thoughts on the state of the Nigerian nation, the yahoo boys problem, the Nigerian Police Force and so on.
Falz stated this while addressing his highly debated ‘This is Nigeria’ video which touches on many issues including the Nigeria police ,corruption and online fraud, also known as ‘yahoo yahoo’.
In an interview with CNBC, the singer cum actor explained that he was inspired to tell the Nigerian story through his music over his disappointment in how ills are being celebrated and normalized in the country.
“I feel like we need to stay at a heightened level of social consciousness and political awareness out here because everyone is seemingly distracted by entertainment… that we sort of forget we’re facing a lot of struggles as a country.
“At the end of the day, money is very important. People need to make money, even I need to make money. But I feel like at every interval we need to stop and think. We need to pause and look around. Are we becoming too insensitive?”
“Oh you know it’s just hustle, they’re just trying to make ends meet meanwhile that is blatantly a crime, that is blatantly wrong.
“I didn’t feel any need to take back what I said about Yahoo boys and I still stood by what I said. I readdressed the point in my ‘This is Nigeria’ video.”
Falz, further addressed insecurity issue in the country, adding that the police are not protecting lives and needs revamp.
“The serious insecurity issue that we have right now, nobody is secure.
“The police force that is supposed to be enforcing law and order aren’t really doing that if we’re going to be honest. In my opinion, the entire police force needs a complete revamp.
“People constantly in the north being killed, being kidnapped. It’s really disturbing. And that what I said earlier about insensitivity.
“We’re all carried away by everything that is going on. We’re forgetting that everyday little girls, little children are being kidnapped, being killed and it’s just not right,” Falz added.
- People’s reaction after Victor Moses’ dribble brought Harry Kane to the ground (Video & Pics)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- The top 10 fastest celebrity divorces of all time – Number 1 lasted for just 6hours! Yes 6hours (With Pics)
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- Meet Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson’s brothers and sisters – Childhood, parents, family history, twin sister rumour and much more (With Pics)