Nigerian Rapper Folarin Falana aka Falz who has come under fire from many Muslim groups and individuals for using ladies dressed in Hijab for his viral video ‘This is Nigeria’ has just reacted. He was even given a seven days ultimate by a Muslim group to take down the song.
Speaking as a guest on Linda Ikeji TV’s show, Verified, hosted by Tope Olowoniyan, Falz spoke about his worries for Nigeria and how people missed the point of his new music video ”This is Nigeria”.
Controversies have continued to trail the music video because he used video vixens dressed in Hijab.
When asked if the video vixens dancing Shaku Shaku in Hijab was intentional, Falz said
”It was very intentional. We continue to forget or neglect the innocence of the girl child and because of all the issues that wer are having, the kidnappings and the killings especially in the Northern part of the country, the Chibok girls and very more recently the Dapchi girls, It is very disturbing and we don’t often talk about them and I was a bit surprised to hear people say why would you put girls in Hijab to dance Shaku Shaku…common, is there anything wrong with people dancing because they are wearing Hijabs? Is their any law against that?
Watch a clip from the interview below;
- The top 10 fastest celebrity divorces of all time – Number 1 lasted for just 6hours! Yes 6hours (With Pics)
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 9 super successful Nigerian celebrities who got richer from their side businesses – You won’t believe #4 is the owner of a popular company (With Pics)