These natural ways of lightening your underarms or armpit work like magic and fast too
Are you having troubles with the colour of your underarms/armpits? Is it a thing of embarrassment to you? I mean, does the colour irk you badly? Well, say no more as these natural ways of lightening your underarms works like magic and fast too. (Source: Healthline.com)
Like skin blemishes and discolouration on other parts of the body, dark underarms can result in a lack of confidence and self-esteem.
What causes dark armpits?
There are various potential causes for armpits becoming darker including:
- deodorants and antiperspirants (chemical irritants)
- shaving (irritation and abrasion)
- dead skin cell accumulation (lack of exfoliation)
- friction (tight clothes)
- smoker’s melanosis (hyperpigmentation caused by smoking)
- hyperpigmentation (increased melanin)
- acanthosis nigricans (often a sign of diabetes, obesity, or abnormal hormone levels)
- erythrasma (bacterial infection)
- melasma (dark patches on skin)
- Addison’s disease (damaged adrenal gland)
Your first step to lighten underarms
The first response to the “how to lighten armpits” question is to address some of the basic causes:
- Change your brand of deodorant/antiperspirant. Some people switch to a natural alternative such as baking soda or apple cider vinegar. Some people stop using a deodorant altogether.
- Stop shaving. Some people select waxing or laser hair removal instead.
- Exfoliate. Many people use a body scrub or a facial exfoliator two to three times a week.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Stop smoking.
How to lighten underarms naturally
Many people choose a natural approach to armpit lightening. Advocates of natural remedies suggest a number of natural bleaching agents, including these:
Click next page to continue reading >>
Pages: 1 2