The latest update has made it known that the United States President Donald Trump in a press release on Tuesday announced the suspension of US funding to the World Health Organization WHO because he said it had covered up the seriousness of the COVID-19 outbreak in China before it spread around the world.
Trump in a press conference said he would instruct his administration to halt funding while “a review is conducted to assess the World Health Organization’s role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus.”
According to Trump, the WHO prevented transparency over the outbreak and the United States, the UN body’s biggest funder which provided $400 million last year — will now “discuss what to do with all that money that goes to the WHO.”
“With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have deep concerns whether America’s generosity has been put to the best use possible.”
- “I saw sharks eat up my colleagues” -Nigerian sailor, Harrison Okene miraculously survived underwater for 3days in sunken ship (Video)
- Davido did a live battle with Asa and it ended in tears, Asa sent his career back to relegation (Video)
- Wedding bells chime: Davido sends his crew members packing from DMW mansion, buys them a new house (Photos)