Faces of two notorious thieves terrorising Lekki – Luck has ran out on two criminals who have been terrorizing Lekki residents after they were apprehended by security operatives in Lagos. Two notorious thieves identified as 22-year-old man, Femi Godwin and Tayo Michael (29) have been arrested by the police. The duo who have been terrorizing Lekki residents by smashing cars and stealing valuables were apprehended in Lagos.
- Top 14 craziest pre-wedding pictures of Nigerian couples – This will leave you in stitches!
- See Olamide’s reaction after Wande Coal released Who You Epp.. (+Photo)
- 14 Booties that are hotter than Nicki Minaj’s #1 will make your head spin! (With Pictures)
- 15 Shocking facts about the vag*na that will keep you up all night – EVERY lady needs to see this!
According to NewTelegraph, Godwin revealed that he started breaking into people’s cars and stealing at the age of seven. His friend and accomplice, Michael said he joined recently.
The suspects were caught after they vandalised a Sport Utility Vehicle, carted away phones and laptop on Aboyade Cole Street, Victoria Island, on April 20. Godwin and Michael were said to have gone back to the street the following day with the aim of stealing from another car. But unfortunately for them, their pictures had been captured by CCTV footage at a nearby supermarket. They were caught by security guards at the supermarket.
The suspect disclosed that he had stolen different phones, laptops and I-pads from vehicles parked on the road. He said: “I started learning tilling from tender age because my parents could not send my siblings and I to school.
Tayo Michael and Femi Godwin after they were apprehended
“Some of my friends on our street then usually come to my workshop that I should leave what I was doing and join them to make money. That was how I joined them.
“We always hang around Shoprite and wait for the occupants of vehicles to leave before we strike.
“We would break into the vehicles and steal whatever the owner kept inside, especially money, phones and laptops.”
Michael, an artisan, said he was introduced to the crime last December by a friend called Blessing, who, according to him, is now serving a jail term in Kirikiri Prison.
“We don’t use gun. Whenever we see a vehicle parked by the roadside without anybody inside, we would move close to it and use stone to break the windscreen. We would then steal whatever we find inside. That was how I have been sustaining myself since December.
“I can’t remember the number of phones and laptops we have stolen from vehicles at Lekki and its environs. Immediately after the operation, we would rush to Obalende to sell the phone to someone in the area.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmos, said the suspects had confessed to the crime. Badmos said they had destroyed several cars in the area in the past five years.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 5 Popular Nigerian artistes who’ve made hits from stolen songs (With Pictures)
- 10 Natural ways to get rid of black spots on your face – They work like magic!
- Top 10 hottest Nigerian female celebrities guys are dying to sleep with (With Pictures)
- 5 Types of women that are very good in bed – Guys, get in here!
- See how fans reacted to Paul Okoye’s birthday message to Jude (+Pics)
- GUYS: How to keep the penis clean and healthy – See this now!
- 10 Lip-locking tips to drive your partner wild..
- 12 Actors who admit to being aroused during filming (With Pictures)
- 15 Disgusting things women do that they’ll NEVER admit..
- LADIES: 10 Sure signs you’re dating a chronic womanizer – Don’t let him fool you!