18, Scientists believe that the number of twin conceptions greatly outnumbers the number of twin births. Twin conceptions are much more common than many people realize. Of course, these conceptions do not always result in the birth of two healthy babies. Very often, one of the fertilized eggs or embryos will be reabsorbed into the mother’s womb in a phenomenon called “vanishing twin syndrome.”
19, The incidence of twin types and genders are oddly symmetrical. These facts about twinning are sure to leave you in awe. One third of all twins born are identical, one third are same sex fraternal and one third are male/female fraternal. Of the identical twins, half are male/male and half are female/female. Of the same sex fraternal, half are male/male and half are female/female.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- List of Nigerian women who own private jets (+With Pictures)
- OMG!! Tonto Dikeh has 5 months left to live – See this! (+Pics)
- Top 10 Most beautiful women in the world 2015 – These women are smoking hot! (+Photos)
- 10 Most evil men in history of the world – You will be shocked to see their evil deeds (With Pictures)
- Meet the 20 richest Nigerian musicians for 2015; as Davido tops Wizkid (+Photos)
- 15 celebrities who seem nice but are really dicks (+Pics)
- Photos: Meet 10 African billionaire wives you didn’t know
- 10 things you can do to make women obsess over you – Guys, see this now!
- Ini Edo shares bathroom photos..
- Top 10 most terrifying islands that will kill you (Photos)