2. Resilience: They focus on opportunities and ignore challenges, this makes them very tough and flexible. The Igbo man will nurture his small business painstakingly taking risks and experimenting and innovating with different strategies until the business begins to boom and flourish.
3. Creativity: I read accounts of how the Igbos improvised and created their tanks and refineries during the civil war. Today the likes of Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Industries are building cars and fabricating spare parts for the Nigerian Air force. If you still have doubts about the Igboman’s creativity then visit Nnewi and Aba to see how all types of machinery are fabricated.
4. Support system: The have a way of rallying round each other to ensure that their successes are multiplied. You will find all types of Igbo unions, clubs and associations in every city in this country; and even in most countries of the world. They have gone a step further to install Igbo traditional rulers outside their ancestral homes (eg. Eze Ndigbo of Lagos), who will govern their affairs and mediate in crises situations.
5. Apprentice System: Success in Entrepreneurship requires knowledge, mentorship and capital. The Igbos developed their own home grown system of entrepreneurship. This unique form of apprenticeship allows a male family member or community member to spend time and work with another family. During this period, the apprentice will learn the trade of his master and would also receive mentorship. At the end of the agreed period, the master will establish his apprentice; either by setting up a separate business for him, or giving him money or tools to earn a living. This system has helped to spread wealth from the rich to poor in Igbo communities; and many of the big Igbo business men of today went through this system. The likes of Mr Innocent Chukwumma of Innoson Motors, Mr Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis Motors and Chief Alex Chika Okafor of A-Z petroleum are all beneficiaries of this system.
Source: Financial Slot
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 10 romantic and pocket friendly things you can get your girlfriend this Val – #3 will make her love you more
- Full Video: Bally plays with Gifty’s vag*na last night in #BBNaija show
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 25 signs your boyfriend really loves you even if he doesn’t say it out loud!
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)