Jonathan fooled us: A faction of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo led by Chief Ralph Obioha, yesterday, accused the present administration of President Goodluck Jonathan of lying to the Igbo nation as regards the Second Niger Bridge and the major federal highways in the South-East region.
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already..
- Meet the top 20 most beautiful celebrities in the Philippines (+Photos)
- 11 signs to know if you are dating a guy worth keeping
- Top 10 most beautiful African actresses 2015 (+Photos)
- Reasons why women desire sex more than men – Yes, they do and this will blow your mind!
Obioha stated that the region would fully support the incoming government to succeed, urging the President-elect to reconstruct Nigeria, Vanguard reports.
Revisitation of the report of Oputa Panel and the issue of abandoned property in the country were also other matters the committee presented before Buhari.
Obioha said: “This is a delegation of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee, who proudly took side with you, convinced that what Nigeria needs today is the leadership that you will provide to rebuild our battered and pulverised nation.
“The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee is fully aware of the difficult and daunting work that has befallen on your shoulders. And we are here to offer our commitment that Ndigbo will stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this mission to reconstruct our nation.
“We are also aware that our cry of marginalization is not unique to our region, but ours stands out as an SOS case as a region criminally neglected and abandoned by the outgoing administration.
“During your campaign tours, you saw things for yourself and needless reminding Your Excellency that South-east is an emergency case. You drove through the badly neglected and impassable Enugu-Awka-Onitsha Expressway and the Enugu-Umuahia-Aba Expressway, needless to mention the Oba-Okigwe Highway.
“Contrary to the election claims by the outgoing administration, no appreciable work is going on these roads, information has shown that no financial arrangement has been firmed up for the Second Nigeria Bridge. The Oputa Panel report has been gathering dust and Ndigbo have pleaded for the revisitation of the so-called abandoned property in Nigeria and its collateral reparation demand.
“One common denominator is that unknown to a vast majority of Nigerians, Ndigbo were the silent majority supporters of General Muhammadu Buhari, GMB, but a twist of “what is wrong with Nigerian” electoral result cannot prove it.
Obioha also made a case for the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, to be ceded to the South-east.
He said: “This body, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee, is a baby conceived by Chris Ngige and delivered by Chief Mbazulike Ameachi and handed over to Ndigbo to check excesses of the people who were just agents of a pre-determined agenda.
“Your Excellency, you were aware that the South-east was targeted by the PDP rigging machine which produced an election result that denied the zone of even a single senator and only three non-ranking House of Representatives members.
“Ndigbo request that you adopt the principle of necessity to give the zone the position of Secretary to the Government of the Federation which is your prerogative and in addition, a position of one Presiding Officer in the House of Representatives,” he stated.
According to The News, Obioha, a former National Democratic Coalition(NADECO)activist, told newsmen on the sidelines of the visit that:“There is a feeling of an imbalance in the political equation; there must be a tripod in the political equation of Nigeria but that tripod seems to be missing one leg.
“If it is not truly harnessed well, it cannot stand but Buhari gave the assurance that he would treat the entire nation as his constituency for all and we believed him”.’
Meanwhile, as the Nigerian military continues to record resounding victories over Northern-based terrorist group, Boko Haram, President Goodluck Jonathan has disclosed the secrets behind the success against insurgency.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 20 Signs your child is gifted
- 10 common mistakes women make in relationships
- Adebayor releases another story about his family and brother – This is so sad!
- 8 Crazy things people do after orgasm
- The silent achievements of President Goodluck Jonathan – This will leave you in a big shock!
- 10 Signs You have truly fallen in love
- Fun sex positions that are more enjoyable at NIGHT
- Top 8 tips for a better shaped butt…
- Photos of Queen Latifah and her lesbian partner goes viral
- Signs you are made for each other – You need to see this!
- Types of men women can NEVER say NO to
- 20 dirty questions to ask a girl and make her wet…
- 9 Signs to know if you are dating a girl worth keeping..
- Forbes Top 5 richest Hip-Hop musicians and their worth – 2015 (See List)
- Man ejaculates on woman’s body while masturbating during a festival (+Photos)