Most controversial Hip-Hop album covers of all time – Hip-Hop is a music genre that thrives on controversy along with raw, undiluted visual & lyrical content. In the following list, we present to you ten of the most controversial album covers ever released by rap artists.
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- 10 most evil humans in history of the world – Their evil deeds will shock you (With Pictures)
- 7 small habits that steals your happiness which you need to give up NOW!
- 25 most evil serial killers in history of the world – Their evil deeds will shock you (+Photos)
There is quite a lot to see here: overtly sexual images, blood-soaked rappers and other types of provocative, skin-cringing visuals. In some cases, these album covers paved the way for the rappers to sell tons of records. And in other cases, the over-the-top covers ended up taking away from the exemplary content on the album. Without further ado, check out the list below.
10. Eminem – The Slim Shady LP
The Slim Shady LP was the first commercial release from Detroit rapper, Eminem. The controversial record that went several times platinum was executive produced by Dr. Dre.
One of the recurrent themes on the record was the hatred Eminem harbored for his child’s mother, Kim. The cover art of the record also conveyed this theme. It featured Eminem standing on a pier with a dark-colored car also in the frame. Jutting out from the car’s trunk was a pair of legs – apparently of a dead body (perhaps representing Kim). Needless to say, there was a lot of uproar about this album’s cover art.