According to Adeosun, the enormous powers given to CBN governors have resulted in the some of the financial crisis witnessed over time. She added that the excessive powers have caused some of the CBN governors in time past to act on financial matters without recourse to the minister of finance, who according to her is constitutionally required to supervise financial policies, programmes and activities of the Federal Government.
“I want to correct the impression that the CBN is under us. They are not. Unfortunately, a law was passed, making them independent and giving them more powers. This has resulted in one person having so much power. In the time of Prof. Charles Soludo as CBN governor, he went to the National Assembly asking for more powers and you can see where that has taken us to. So we are back to the legislature to help us correct this problem of too much power. As a result, there are no checks and balances” she said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- Top 7 Punchlines you missed from Wizkid’s latest insult at Linda Ikeji – She will cry after seeing this! (With Pictures)
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- The history of Big Brother – How it started and all the winners that have emerged over the years (#BBNaija)
- 11 Nigerian celebs who can’t do without smoking weed – #5 & #8 smoke like a chimney during winter (With Pics)
- 6 Nigerian male celebrities who married older women – #3 is 10years younger than his wife [With Pictures]