Naira to witness significant boost: There are indication that the Central Bank of Nigeria is set to boost the naira with the injection of more dollars into the foreign exchange market barely three days after the naira weakened against the United States dollar.
According to Punch, this is coming barely one week after the apex bank promised to increase the sale of dollars to Bureaux de Change operators from $8,000 per week to $10,0000 twice a week.
The CBN has been engaged in aggressive supply of forex into the market as it steps up efforts to save the naira from currency speculators.
The Acting Director, Corporate Communications, CBN, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, on Sunday said the CBN was determined to sustain the provision of liquidity in the foreign exchange market in order to enhance accessibility and affordability for genuine endusers.
The regulator on Friday warned commercial banks and other dealers to desist from sabotaging the apex bank’s efforts aimed at making forex available to endusers.
Okorafor said the CBN had received complaints from customers over frustrations they were meant to go through in getting forex for invisible items such as tuition fee, medicals, personal and basic travel allowances.
The CBN has urged the general public to report to it any bank that fails to meet customers’ needs within 24 hours to 48 hours after due documentation.
It said it was determined to deal with any official or institution found to be sabotaging the operations of forex market in whatever guise.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Meet 10 silent Billionaires in Nigeria – These men control Nigeria’s economy (With Pictures)
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 6 things you need to do now if you want to be a millionaire before 40 – #3 is very IMPORTANT
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)