An Idi-Ogungun Customary Court, Agodi, Ibadan, on Wednesday dissolved the 15-year-old marriage between Nike Adenekan, a prophetess and her pastor husband, Adekunle Adenekan, over attempt to rape church member. Nike filed a divorce suit before the court, seeking dissolution of her 15-year-old marriage to Adenekan, on grounds of telling lies, immoral acts and threat to life. In his judgment, the court’s President, Chief Mukaila Balogun, dissolved the marriage and gave custody of the only child of the union to the petitioner.
- 7 beautiful daughters of Nigeria’s wealthiest men who are still single – #3, #4 & #5 will make a perfect bride
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)
Balogun restrained the defendant from further attending the petitioner’s church. He also ordered him to pay N3, 500 as monthly allowance for the maintenance of the child The petitioner alleged that her husband tried to rape an 18-year-old church member who lives with her. Nike narrated how the defendant on three occasions, tried to rape one of her church member, who resides with her. “My lord, there was a night my husband left me in the bed and climbed on the girl who was sleeping on the floor. “When I caught him, my husband said he wanted to kill mosquito on the girl’s body and pleaded with me to forgive him.
“The girl also told me that my husband, on two occasions, attempted to rape her at night when I went to church for special prayers. “Also, a particular woman in my church told me that daddy(Adenekan) wanted her to be his concubine and threatened to stop coming to my church if daddy continues disturbing her. “He is in the habit of lying; I never trusted him and cannot fold my hands watching him to destroy my church.
“ Nike told the court. She pleaded with the court to grant her request for a divorce, saying she had made up her mind to end the union and that no one could convince her to change her mind. Responding, Adenekan, who claimed to be a pastor, however, pleaded with the court not to grant Nike’s request, saying she had suffered with him and still wants her as his wife. Adenekan, who was silent on the allegation of attempted rape, prayed the court to assist him intervene in the matter.NAN)
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 9 things Nigerian girls say instead of “I love You” – #6 is very funny & annoying (With Pics)
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- 20 Hollywood movie tricks that look so real- You wont believe your eyes when you see them (With Pictures)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Top 10 richest and wealthiest neighbourhoods in Nigeria – #3 is in Abeokuta! (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)