Top three military commanders in the Army, Navy and Air Force were Wednesday, replaced in Turkey, Presidential spokesperson said on Wednesday. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had agreed to the changes, his spokesperson Ibrahim Kalin said, after a four-hour meeting in Ankara chaired by Prime Minister Binali Yildirim.
Kalin said that their tenure was over and did not provide other details. Military Chief of Staff, General Hulusi Akar retained his position.
The changes were made during a meeting of the Supreme Military Council, the highest body responsible for appointments and removals within the armed forces. Since the failed coup in July 2016, 151 generals had been arrested, along with 1,600 other officers, said Interior Minister Efkan Ala in July. In all, some 5,200 soldiers had been arrested.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 7 beautiful daughters of Nigeria’s wealthiest men who are still single – #3, #4 & #5 will make a perfect bride
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 24 sure signs your girlfriend is a wife material – #13 and #1 are the ICING on the CAKE
- How top female celebs looked like before they became rich & famous – #9 will give you hope (Photos)