The Nigerian currency, naira, lost N2 to the dollar at the parallel market on Thursday, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. It exchanged for N369 to the dollar, weaker than N367 posted on Wednesday, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed to the naira at N478 and N437, respectively.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC), the naira was sold at N363 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N478 and N437, respectively.
Trading at the investors’ window saw the naira closing at N360.50 to the dollar, while it exchanged at N306 to the dollar at the CBN window. Traders said demand for dollar far outstripped supply as usual.
NAN reports that the naira had been battling to remain stable at N365 to the dollar before the forces of demand anther. Some financial analysts had on Tuesday argued that the naira, at N360 to the dollar, was undervalued.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 10 most powerful celebrities in Nigeria – The country shakes when these guys cough (With Pics)
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- Check out how Floyd Mayweather Jr spends his millions – His cars, his insane wristwatch collection, private jets, mansions & many more (With Pics)