E! News can confirm the duo—who started dating in January—have decided to go their separate ways, and it was a decision that was a long time coming. In fact, a source tells us they’ve been discussing the fate of their relationship since the summer.
“It’s been hard for them to come to the realization that this is the direction things were heading, but it’s been hard for months,” the insider tells us. “They have been open and honest about it and where they were going. Distance definitely played a factor.”
As we saw throughout the European leg of The Weeknd’s tour, Gomez always made an effort to attend his shows. However, when she began filming in New York and he continued in his tour, things got more difficult.
“They are still talking and will remain friends,” our source adds. “They have been very grown-up about it.”
The news comes as no major surprise, considering Gomez’s recent hang outs with her ex, Justin Bieber. However, our insider says Bieber “did not play a factor” in Gomez’s relationship with The Weeknd coming to an end. As we reported earlier, Gomez and Bieber were spotted hanging out at Gomez’s home last weekend and again this weekend, grabbing breakfast and attending church together in Westlake Village, Calif.
Our source said Gomez and The Weeknd split before she met up with Bieber on Sunday and further confirmed there’s “nothing romantic” going on between them. Still, another source noted that The Weeknd was “upset” to see them hanging out “twice in the same week.”
Meanwhile, Gomez and The Weeknd first sparked dating rumors after they were spotted kissing in Los Angeles in January. After that, they took their romance public, often photographed showing major PDA at events and dinners across the globe.
They attended Coachella Music and Arts Festival together as well as the 2017 Met Gala. Most recently, the couple shared a sweet moment at New York Fashion Week in September, smooching on the carpet ahead of the Harper’s Bazaar party. The Weeknd previously dated Bella Hadid for a year before they split in Nov. 2016, and Gomez dated Bieber for three years, from 2011 to 2014.
Source :- E! News
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)