As the year winds down, WhatsApp gives a farewell note to some smartphone users and it’s not a good one. WhatsApp will cease to work on devices running BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8.0 as from December 31, 2017. A WhatsApp blog post with the End of Life date clearly states that users of BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8.0 and older operating systems will not be able to use the app after December 31, 2017 – not more than a week from now.
- 10 hottest Nigerian celebrity baby mamas – #10 regretted giving birth for the celeb (With Photos)
- Mr and Mrs Baddoo! Olamide with his “Madam when he used to ride on Okada”… Aisha Sulaiman
- 6 Ghanaian male celebs who are married to older women – #3 is 10 years younger than his wife (With Photos)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
To be able to recall, WhatsApp has extended support for both platforms in June this year. At that time, WhatsApp also found that the application would stop working on NokiaS40 phones will be stopped from December 31, 2018.
The application will stop working on Android 2.3.7 and older phones (Gingerbread) will be stopped from February 1, 2020. Messaging applications have become unavailable on Nokia phones running Symbian S60 since June 30, 2017.
Stopping support for Blackberry and Windows Phone did not see any additional extensions and that date will be the same.
If your phone has one of two dedicated operating systems, you should consider upgrading to a newer phone so you can properly access WhatsApp. WhatsApp updates for other versions of the operating system, such as Windows Phone 7, Android 2.1, Android 2.2, and iOS 6, were halted in 2016.
WhatsApp has officially redeemed its new standalone business application this month, which includes verified and unverified profiles. This gives businesses a formal way to do business through messaging apps.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- “The photographer na wash” – Nigerians blast couple because of their pre-wedding pics
- #BBNaija: “My closeness with Efe was real, I don’t mind dating him” – Marvis
- 8 reasons to be okay with being hated by people – #6 will make you a grater person
- 20 most expensive houses in the world and their prices, owners. This list will blow your mind
- The 6 most humble Nigerian celebrities – #3 is a shy billionaire! (With Pictures)
- 10 Nigerian celebrity marriages that will never get a divorce – #2 met his wife “untouched” (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities with the most expensive houses- #10 cost close to a billion Naira (photos)