Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, who has been recently in the news in connection with the highly-publicized divorce with wife Rev. Anita, threatens to sue journalists.
- Top Post: OMG! You Need To See What Dbanj Said About Genevieve – She’ll Hate Him For This
- Photos: See the beautiful girls Wizkid has done “things with” & dumped! (LOOK)
- Series Of Yvonne Nelson’s Bathroom Photos Surface Online [See Photos]
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome denies adultery accusations – See what he threatens to do! (Look)
- Why does “married” Tiwa Savage always expose her body this way?? Why! (See Pics)
- OMG! See what a white guy was caught doing publicly in Lagos (See Photo)
According to Sahara Reporters, the head clergyman of Christ Embassy Church spoke about taking up legal actions over newsmen publishing stories about their split. Additionally, he characterized the accusations of adultery, allegedly provided by spouse Anita, as “false and malicious” attack against his personality and his church.
Oyakhilome made this known via his lawyer Kemi Pinheiro (SAN):
“The attention of our client, Rev. Chris Oyakhilome, and the church has been drawn to the wave of false, malicious and fabricated stories being published in the print and electronic media about his person, the church and a matrimonial cause between him and his wife.”
The statement contains sharp criticism of the media coverage of the story, which allegedly distorted and fabricated Anita’s claims. The statements in the media were said to contradict her claims that pastor Oyakhilome had indeed been unfaithful during their “terribly degenerated” marriage, which Anita said through counsel to Premium Times (PT) earlier Wednesday.
According to Oyakhilome, who called coverage “selfishly motivated”, the aim of media sources was to distort things for their political and financial benefit, to tarnish his image and the reputation of his church though his wife was the person who aired the allegations against him.
Thus, the lawyer representing the church leader concluded the statement:
“Be warned therefore that unless the concerned media houses desist from further publishing words and stories which are false and damaging of our client’s reputation and the church, we shall, without further recourse to the concerned publishers, promptly embark on appropriate legal machinery with a view to protecting our client’s reputation and that of the church.”
In the yesterday’s exclusive interview with PT, which the famous cleric refers to, Anita Oyakhilome said their marriage had “terribly degenerated”.
It would be recalled that the break-up saga of one of the most admired couples in Nigeria broke out end of August when it was reported that Rev. Anita had officially filed for divorce allegedly specifying “adultery” and “unreasonable behaviour” as grounds for legal proceedings. Since then numerous reports have been dedicated to the issue.
In an official statement released September 2 by Anita’s lawmakers, they confirmed the start of procedure of their client and pastor Oyakhilome adding that there was “no hope of any reconciliation”.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- See the lady that has replaced Mercy Johnson as the most sought after actress in Nollywood (Details)
- Dbanj set to marry, see the beautiful lady he just proposed to? (Photos)
- KCee flaunts his house, calls it “FiveStar-Mansion” – Money is good (See Photos)
- See the most beautiful girls in Bells University (Photos)
- Revealed: Seven secrets of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! (Details)
- OMG! You Need To See What Dbanj Said About Genevieve – She Will Hate Him For This (LOOK)
- Exposed: Mr Ibu caught cheating on his wife with a younger girl (Photos)
- Photo: Omawumi caught kissing Dbanj (Look)
- Mikel Obi is officially off the market – See the beautiful while girl he’s all loved up with here (Photos)
- Hungry Ebola patient flees quarantine, storms market – See what was done to him when caught! (Video)
- Meet the woman with the biggest hands in the world – See how big they are (Photos)
- Photos: See the woman who is half human and half fox! (You need to see this)
- Flavour not ready to marry Sandra Okagbue after impregnating her, see her growing baby bump (Photos)
- Photos: OMG!! See how prophet TB Joshua looked in 1997 – You need to see these pics!
- Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey divorce: Nick finally speaks – See what he said!
- See the country that was voted the ugliest people in Africa (Look)
- Jim Iyke reveals what he does to make Nadia Buari love him crazily – See what he said!
- How Omawumi’s boobs popped out on stage (Look)
- Rev. Anita Oyakhilome’s lawyers drop Bombshell On Messy Divorce to Pastor Chris (Details)
- Meet the woman with the largest butt implant in the world – See how it looks! (Photos)