The Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose is seriously under attack following the advertisement he recently did on Punch newspaper showing Nigeria’s past leaders comprising Late Gen. Sani Abacha, Murtala Muhammed, former President Musa Yar’Adua and the photograph of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari with a question mark on his image.
- Nollywood actor, Muna Obiekwe is dead
- The real reason USA will not help Nigeria fight Boko Haram (Must See)
- You need to see how this girl exposed her body for Davido’s concert in USA (+Photo)
- Revealed: Why men want sex in the morning and women at night (Must See)
Underneath the advert is the caption “will you allow history to repeat itself?” and “Enough of state burials! Nigerians, Vote Wisely: Vote Goodluck Jonathan. Northern Presidency should wait until 2019.”
It is believed that the advert campaign is a delicate indirect attack on Buhari’s health.
In a reaction to the reported advert, Nigerians have taken a swipe at the governor and the media platform that published it.
Concerned Nigerians, who condemned Fayose, said the advert was in really poor taste.
“So It is time to use death as campaign? This is really sad. Politics has always been a dirty game; I just never knew it could get this dirty and ugly. What a shame. How can these pdp members be this clueless and extremely daft? I’m really irritated with this development,” a nairaland user said.
“Who tells Fayose that Buhari will die before himself? Who can determine the day of another’s death except God?” a Twitter user, @Ayourb, said.
However, Gen. Buhari in a reaction to the publication, issued a statement on his Facebook page on Monday morning, saying: Governor Fayose of Ekiti State released an advert in the front of the Punch and Daily Sun newspapers this morning, abusing a Bible verse and insulting Muslims, especially Northerners.
— Buhari Volunteers (@GMBVolunteers) January 19, 2015
He put three former Heads of State who are Muslims and Northerners together in images and suggested that what happened to them may happen to Muhammadu Buhari.
First, it is totally unprofessional and abusive to Ethical codes of Journalism for Punch and Sun Newspapers to publish such content. Punch and Sun Newspapers must revoke the advert immediately and apologize to the people of Nigeria, Buhari and the APC for such folly.
Second, If till now, there is no denouncement of the post from PDP and GEJ it means that they support it because Fayose is a stakeholder of the party, and a front man for GEJ’s campaign.
GEJ signed a peace pact last week against election violence and he, through the insensitivity of this advert, is the first to break that pact.
The Jonathan administration is cruising on lies and propaganda. It is bent on amassing votes to siphon more public funds and has no interest of Nigerians at heart. It is bound to fail.
We are for peace. Make sure to get your PVC and vote these bigots out of power come February 14. Encourage your neighbors, let them know that GEJ has nothing to offer them but lies and empty promises.
Let us channel our frustration to the goodwill of this Nation.
Peace. Nigeria. Peace.
Meanwhile, the Presidential Campaign Organisation of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) in a statement issued in Abuja on January 16th, debunked rumours over the alleged failing health of their presidential candidate, General Buhari (rtd).
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- For people doubting, see photo of Muna Obiekwe on dialysis machine before he died
- Oyo state governor’s daughter, Abisola’s husband grabs her butt at her fathers campaign (+Photo)
- Exposed: President Jonathan’s secret grown up son comes out (+Photo)
- This Covenant graduate is the most beautiful girl to graduate with first class in Nigeria (+Photo)
- The real reason USA will not help Nigeria fight Boko Haram – You need to see this!
- Bridegroom stares, keeps staring and couldn’t stop staring at Tiwa Savage’s butt (+Photo)
- Exposed: Club in Port Harcourt where girls take off clo’th£s to entertain guys (Video)
- Wiz Khalifa responds to Amber Rose super hot photos – See What he said!
- Damn!! Amber Rose leaves nothing to the imagination in a thong monokini, as she poses on balcony (+Photo)
- Another Leaked Amber Rose Na ‘k£d Photo Goes Viral Again! [Look] Rated 18+