resident Goodluck Jonathan came for the kill at his presidential rally in Enugu on Friday. The president unlike his rally in Lagos came out against the APC presidential candidate Buhari. He spent majority of his time responding to the attacks previously laid down by APC.
- Top Post Today: 11 Sensitive Spots To Touch A Woman For Intense Pleasure (£xpli’c1t Content)
- 5 Warning Signs That Your Girlfriend Is About To Leave You & How To Stop Her From Leaving You! (MUST READ)
- For Men: 9 Tips To Last Longer In Bed Without Pills (£xpl1’cit Content)
- Female Student Caught Performing Live Internet $£x Show At University Library (LOOK)
- Guys!! That ‘ONE’ $£x Position That Is The Secret To Her Orgasm (MUST WATCH)
“Is it now that Buhari cannot even remember his own phone number that he can change the economy of the country.” Jonathan asked.
The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate said that although he did not like to “go personal during campaigns,” “sometimes circumstances demand that certain things must be said.”
Jonathan said that Buhari belonged to the medieval age, adding that he (the APC candidate) intended to run the Federal Government as a medieval king.
He said, “We cannot run the government as if we are in the medieval age; we cannot run a government where somebody said he would throw people into jail.
“You are not a medieval king – a medieval king can throw you into jail but we have to follow the rule of law because we cannot go back to the old days.”
Jonathan, however, read the speech made by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.) after overthrowing Buhari’s regime through a military coup on August 27, 1985 to justify his claim that the APC candidate does not keep his promises.
Babangida, in the portions of the address read by Jonathan, justified Buhari’s overthrow by pointing out that the latter did not live up to the promises he made to Nigerians when he ousted a democratically elected civilian government headed by Alhaji Shehu Shagari in a military coup.
Noting that Buhari “deceived Nigerians” from 1983 to 1985, Jonathan quoted Babangida as saying, “The initial objectives of Buhari’s intervention were betrayed as there was a general deterioration of standard of living in the country.”
The PDP candidate also pointed out that Babangida accused Buhari of being “too rigid in his attitude to national issues” and “became alienated from the people” in the course of his stay in power.
He, therefore, challenged Buhari to tell Nigerians how he intends to revive the economy.
Jonathan said, “They are telling young Nigerians that they are going to change the economy but they have not told us how they want to manage the economy more than us.
“If they say they want to change agriculture, they should tell us the weak links in the agriculture value chain and what they want to do about it.
“I said in Lagos that I want to work with young people, not to deceive people.
“I am not going to run the government based on my habits, I am going to run the government according to global best practices.”
Jonathan also insisted that he was committed to the campaign against corruption.
“There is no government that has fought corruption more than we do,” he said, noting that some previous administrations pretended to be fighting corruption while oppressing their enemies.
He recalled that Buhari jailed some prominent Igbo politicians while in office as head of state, including former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo.
Stressing that Buhari jailed politicians on trumped up charges, Jonathan said, “You can no longer carry people and put them in prison for 301 years.”
The President equally accused Buhari of having a wrong idea of corruption.
According to him, Buhari believes that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.
He said, “If a Nigerian businessman has a private jet, then you are corrupt but if a South African has a private jet then you commend him.
“If you have a good house, then you are corrupt, if you have a good car then you are corrupt – that is his definition of corruption.”
Jonathan accused his opponent of making spurious claims against him.
The President said, “They are saying that government is corrupt but they are not telling us what they are going to do to stop corruption. Let them go back to their consultants to coach them, then I will listen to them.
“They should tell us how they are going to manage the economy better than we do.
“They are saying we stole foreign reserves, nobody can steal foreign reserves – spurious allegations.”
He also reiterated his claim that Buhari did not equip the military while he was the head of state.
Jonathan said that he had done more than his predecessors to shore up the country’s defence.
“For 30 years, we had only one frigate, now we have four additional frigates,” he said.
In the same vein, he pointed out that Buhari did not find any woman worthy enough for appointment when he was the military head of state.
The President asked Nigerians to assess him and Buhari by looking at how they performed during their respective periods in office.
He said, “They have deceived us before and they want to deceive us again.
“Go and find out whether these people are deceiving you or are telling you the truth.
“People are assessing me because I have run this country for some years – they have run this country for two years.
“They came with promises but immediately they came in, what they did was to jail Jim Nwobodo for 201 years.”
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- This Girl Was Having Fun Twerking Her Thunderious ‘UKWU’ Until The Unexpecteed Happened (MUST WATCH)
- OMG!! SEE How Kim & Khloe Kardashian Puts Their ‘Big Butt’ On Display Rocking This Tight Outfits (PHOTOS)
- Chelsea Star, Oscar Causes Internet Storm With Photo Of Him Grabbing ‘TWO WOMEN’S BUTT’ (LOOK)
- OMG!! This Nollywood Actress Got The ‘BIGGEST BUM BUM’ I’ve Ever SEEN All My Life (LOOK)
- 11 Sensitive Spots To Touch A Woman For Intense Pleasure (£xpli’c1t Content)
- Couple Caught Doing Bad Things In The Car On Roadside Caused Massive Traffic Jam (PHOTOS)
- Another Leaked Amber Rose Na ‘k£d Photo Goes Viral Again! [Look] Rated 18+
- Boko Haram Cuts Off Hands Off Two Men Accuse Of Stealing (Video)
- S£x Tape Of English Teacher Having S£x With Teenage Student Goes Viral
- A Woman Details The Adventurous Experience She Had With WizKid
- Exposed: Club in Port Harcourt where girls take off clo’th£s to entertain guys (Video)
- OMG! SEE The Beautiful Thing Tonto Dikeh Did To Express How Much She Loves Herself (LOOK)
- Footballer Sticks His Finger Up Opponent’s BUTT In Bizarre Mid-Game Challenge (DISTURBING PHOTO)
- Amber Rose Denies Rumor Of Her Having An Affair With Chris Brown – SEE What She Said!
- Couple Caught Having S£x Inside A Bank ATM Room (Photo +
- Full Video of Sheillah and Nhlanhla having S£x in #BBAHotShots
- Ladies! 12 Tips To Help You Master That ‘BEDROOM MOVE’ Every Man Craves For (£xplicit Content)
- Africa’s Queen Of B00ty Shows Of Her Best Friend.. Who’s Got Bigger Butt? (SEE PHOTOS)
- Yvonne Nelson Wants You To Meet Her New Boo (LOOK)
- Cristiano Ronaldo Unveils ‘ Well Endowed’ Statue Of Himself (PHOTOS)