Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan sacks Reno Omokri appoints Obi Asika as new special assistant on social media – See Why!
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has revamped his social media team, kicking out his ever rising controversial point man, Reno Omokri by appointing Obi Asika as the new senior special assistant on social media.
- Cynthia Morgan shares pics of boobs on full display (Photos)
- The effects of taking marijuana – What you never knew (Must See)
- Woman catches husband making love with their family Dog – You need to see this! (+Photos)
- See this Couple making love at the beach, in broad day light, in front of an audience (See Photo)
Mr. Jonathan move is seen as an apparent maneuver to re-energize his social media image following a growing slide in his electoral fortunes, as well as a series of scandals involving Reno. Until now, Reno Omokri ran the office, heading the President’s campaign social media team.
According to SaharaReporters, a source at the Presidency revealed that Mr. Omokri, who returned from California to boost President Jonathan’s political campaigns in 2011, had become a huge liability and source of distraction. Mr. Omokri, who also doubles as a pastor, came to be known as “Wendell Simlin” after tech-savvy Nigerian social media activists caught him red-handed as he circulated reports on the Internet that claimed to have found a link between former Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, and Islamist terror group Boko Haram.
Enterprising social media sleuths discovered that the so-called reports implicating Mr. Sanusi as a sponsor of Boko Haram were first created on and disseminated from Mr. Omokri’s personal computer in Abuja.
A few weeks ago, a California-based woman, Deborah Campbell, who was once married to a relative of Mr. Omokri’s, told SaharaReporters that the presidential aide had stolen her son’s identity to engage in the circulation of fraudulent news that smeared Mr. Sanusi, who is now the Emir of Kano. Mr. Reno never denied the woman’s allegations.
Last week, Mr. Omokri was accused of leading policemen to burglarize a house in Warri, Delta State that belonged to his late mother. The occupants of the house, including Alex Oyoro, a well known PDP political figure in Delta State, alleged that Mr. Omokri had led a group of thugs and mobile police officers who broke into the property and stole N25 million in cash. The money, according to Mr. Oyoro, was meant for Mr. Jonathan’s re-election campaign.
Mr. Omokri denied being physically present at the scene of the burglary, claiming he was at his desk in Abuja and also doing some pastoral work at the time of the reported burglary.
Another source revealed further, in an attempt to present a more humane outlook as his electoral fortunes slip and his popularity plummets at home and abroad, Mr. Jonathan decided to push Mr. Omokri aside. Mr. Obi Asika, who has been elevated to serve as the new presidential strategist on social media, was described as one of the co-organizers of “Social Media Week” in Lagos. “Obi Asika is a serious personality who is also refined and self-controlled,” a source at the Presidency said.
Apart from his dubious activities and cantankerous personality, Mr. Omokri has committed a series of blunders in recent months that cast Mr. Jonathan’s campaign in bad light. He organized two online polls that eventually showed that President Jonathan would lose the 2015 elections to the opposition APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, by a wide margin. Several sources at the Presidency said Mr. Omokri’s cup became full after he engineered a poll on Twitter where informal posts showed that Mr. Jonathan’s electoral prospects had become wretched. “That ill-advised Twitter poll backfired and caused embarrassment to Mr. President,” said a source close to the Jonathan campaign.
In a short email obtained by SaharaReporters earlier today, presidential spokesman Reuben Abati confirmed Mr. Asika’s appointment to take charge of the president’s social media coverage. A source in the Presidency disclosed that Mr. Omokri was now in a subordinate position to Mr. Asika in the hierarchy of aides working on the president’s social media image.
“If Reno decides to remain here, he will have to be reporting to Obi Asika,” the source revealed.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Ghanian girl takes her dirty life out online – Sharing photos of her… (+Photo)
- Photos of Obasanjo tearing his PDP membership card causes stir online (See Photos)
- Nigerian guy grabs Beyonce’s boobs in a restaurant, right in front of Jay Z – You won’t believe what happened next!!
- Cynthia Morgan shares pics of boobs on full display.. +(Photos)
- Watch: Leaked video of Naija’s biggest runs girl ‘Victoria’ undressing for a white man
- See the Car Wash where girls strip fully naked to provide services while customers watches (See Photos)
- Hidden video camera catches father and son’s wife making love in Lagos (Photo + Video)
- Another Leaked Amber Rose Na ‘k£d Photo Goes Viral Again! [Look] Rated 18+
- What do you know about condoms ?? – 25 important facts you should know about condoms (Photos + Video)
- Finally! Amber Rose flaunts her new boo on Valentines Day (Photo + Video)