Months after Nigeria recorded success in managing the deadly Ebola virus, fears over a new wave of epidemics occurred February 2, Monday.
It was initially reported that a 9-year-old Nigerian girl with symptoms associated with Ebola, was admitted to the special Ebola quarantine unit at the Ernakulam General Hospital, India.
- How to increase your penis size.. [Must See]
- Pastor Adeboye replies Amaechi over N6billion bribery – See what he said!
- Popular actress hit by car, both legs broken (+Photo)
- Married man caught making love in the office with engaged colleague (Photos + Video)
By the time of arriving at the Cochin International Airport on Monday, the child had already had cold, fever and breathlessness. Therefore she was immediately quarantined, Times of India informed.
Health officials at the airport confirmed the information saying that if was the first case of a passenger arriving at their airport from an Ebola-hit country with the dangerous signs of the disease.
The girl was travelling together with her both parents. The family arrived in an Emirates flight.
The airport authorities followed the quarantine procedures as prescribed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and also placed the girl’s parents under observation.
It is worth noting that in case of Ebola, the incubation period, or the time interval from infection with the virus to onset of symptoms, corresponds from 2 to 21 days.
The 9-year-old’s blood sample was flown to the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in New Delhi for testing.
According to New Indian Express, Dr Amar Fettle, state nodal officer for Ebola, said that the girl tested negative for the virus.
“The girl did not have any immediate ailments. She came along with her mother for the latter’s treatment in a private hospital. The girl had some problems. Hence, they decided that she would also be consulted here. That’s why they took the girl along with her mother.”
It should be recalled that Nigeria was declared Ebola free by the WHO on October 20, after 20 cases had been recorded in the country, with eight of them – lethal.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Meet the youngest, sexiest and most beautiful Nigerian girl.. She’s cute! (+Photos)
- OMG! Kim Kardashian finally shows it all – shares more raunchy pics from he Love Magazine shoot (+Photo)
- Couple caught making love in public toilet – You won’t believe what the police did next! (+Photo)
- Pastor Adeboye replies Governor Amaechi over N6billion bribery – See what he said!
- Woman caught red-handed by her husband making love with younger lover in a hotel room, in Lagos (See Photos)
- See what this wicked boyfriend did to his UNILAG girlfriend while she was asleep – This is bad!
- Video of Mira pleasuring herself at #BBAHotshots leaked by hackers – BBA didn’t want you to ever watch this! (Download Video)
- New raunchy pics of world most controversial porn star ‘Mia Khalifa’ causes stir online (+Photo)
- Just In: How Obasanjo abandoned Jonathan and Buhari today!
- Revealed: The real reason Buhari wants to rule Nigeria in 2015