The Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram released a video online on Tuesday, rejecting the claims of the Nigerian military that it has been routed by a four-nation offensive, which doesn’t show Abubakar Shekau the group’s leader.
- Top 10 richest Nigerian actors – See who is number 1! (+Photos)
- 10 struggles only men with big pen1es can relate to
- The 10 most seductive perfumes for men.. [+Pics]
- 10 Most intelligent people of the world (+Photos)
- 7 things to keep in mind while being photographed to make you photogenic [Must See]
The speaker in the 10-minute message which was posted on the video-sharing site YouTube said “Most of our territory is still under our control”. He called Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger, who have been battling the Islamists, “the lying coalition partners”.
The video bears the new logo “Islamic State in West Africa” and follows the Nigerian militants’ pledge of allegiance in an audio message in March to the IS group, that has overrun large parts of Syria and Iraq.
The message is the first video released by the terrorist group since February, when Shekau vowed to disrupt Nigeria’s elections.
Shekau has featured prominently in most of the group’s videos over the last three years and his absence in the latest message will likely stir further debate on his whereabouts or possible death.
Nigeria’s military has claimed to have killed Shekau only for him to pop up on another video.
The speaker in the new message appears in front of two pick-up trucks, with four other gunmen visible in the background.
He speaks in the Hausa language that is dominant in northern Nigeria with Arabic and English subtitles.
An AK-47 rifle rests on his chest as he seeks to rebuke the claims of successes made in recent weeks by the military.
“The armies claim through the media that they captured our towns and that they assaulted Sambisa (forest) and defeated us,” he said, referring to the bushland area in Nigeria’s northeast Borno state that has been an Islamist stronghold.
“I swear by Allah that I am talking right now from Sambisa… Here in Sambisa you can travel more than four to five hours under the black flag of Islam by car or by motorbike.”
The video further shows gruesome violence, including executions of apparent civilians and one man in a Nigeria police uniform, who are shot at close range.
It was reported that on March 7, 2015 the leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, in an audio message pledged allegiance to the richest and, probably, most powerful terrorist group Islamic State (ISIS).
The terrorist group recently stormed two Yobe towns, burning down a police station and several government buildings.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 10 YouTube videos of all time
- Top 10 sexiest girls in the world 2015 – See who is number 1 (+Photos)
- The 14 most powerful Ghanaian celebrity couples you should know of [Photos]
- The 10 most beautiful places in the world – Number 1 is in Africa (Pictures)
- Eva Alordiah goes nud£, bares backside in hot new pics.. (See Photo)
- Top 17 worst celebrity wardrobe malfunctions that went viral – #17 will leave you in stitches! (See Photos)
- 31 wildest and exciting sex positions you probably never tried and need to (18+ With Pics)
- The 10 most dangerous cities in the world – Never visit these places or… [Must See]
- How to steal a guy from his girlfriend..
- Bad friends – 10 circumstances when you should end a friendship
- Checkout the top ten Nollywood actresses with tattoos – See where they are tatted!
- Celebrities you never knew were gay – The list will shock you! (+Photos)
- The 20 types of vag1na you will meet in your lifetime & how to handle them..
- Top 10 hottest Nigerian female celebs men are dying for right now! (+Photos)
- The top 20 richest musicians in Nigeria and their net worth for 2015 (+Pics)