NFF sacks Keshi – The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has finally fired Nigeria’s head coach Stephen Keshi after weeks of his being probed by the commission’s disciplinary committee.
See FULL DETAILS right after the cut….
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- Top 10 desirable women in sports – See who is number 1! (+Photos)
- Top 10 upcoming mind blowing technologies
- 10 mysterious planets outside the solar system – You’ll be shocked seeing this! (With Pics)
The decision was revealed by the NFF’s Executive Committee on Saturday, who said the decision was made, “having thoroughly reviewed the reports/findings of the NFF Disciplinary Committee and NFF Technical and Development Committee, as well as having reviewed the actions and inactions of Mr. Stephen Keshi, in the performance of his duties as Super Eagles’ Head Coach.”
The Federation noted Keshi ”lacked the required commitment to achieve the Federation’s objectives as set out in the Coach’s employment contract.”
” To this end and pursuant to the provisions of Clause 4.3 of the Employment Contract between Mr. Stephen Keshi and the NFF (The Contract) and the various clauses therein, the Nigeria Football Federation has decided to exercise its option to summarily terminate the employment contract of Mr. Stephen Keshi with the Federation with immediate effect.”
It added that the termination was “without prejudice to the settlement of any existing and due financial obligations between the NFF and Mr. Keshi.”
Speaking on behalf of the entire Executive Committee of the NFF, the NFF’s first vice president, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi assured Nigerians that the decision was made in the interests of Nigerian football.
He then thanked Keshi for his services to Nigeria and wished him the very best in his future endeavours.
“In the interim, the Super Eagles’ team affairs will be jointly managed by Assistant Coach, Salisu Yusuf and the Technical Directorate of the NFF headed by Coach Shuaibu Amodu, until the Federation names in due course a new Head Coach, who, along with the NFF will chart a new direction for the Super Eagles to ensure credible participation in international competitions and assist in building a sustainable football culture for the country,” said Akinwunmi.
Keshi has for the past few weeks has been under investigation by the NFF disciplinary committee over claims that the Nigerian coach applied for the vacant Ivory Coast position.
The sacking now leaves Nigerians asking what will happen to the Eagles number one and captain, Vincent Enyeama, who is also being investigated by the committee.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 10 most famous & deadliest swords in the world + their history (With Pictures)
- Top 10 most beautiful brunettes in the world – See who is number 1 (With Pics)
- The most sexual and provocative photos of Ini Edo surfaces online (Look)
- 10 Unique Dog breeds you you’ve NEVER come across – You need to see #1 (With Pictures)
- 10 richest video games developing companies of all time
- 10 Shockingly bloodthirsty birds – #2 will leave you in a big shock!
- Lies girls tell when they want to sleep with you
- Top 12 most popular TV Channels in the world – See which is #1
- The 20 sexiest sports cars of all time – See which is number 1 (With Pictures)
- 7 steps to the happiest relationship you can have – Read this now!
- 11 personal finance goals for your 20s