I left New York that afternoon. Stumbled down the steps past Buddy the comic book reader in his booth and made my way to the nearest highway. I hitched a ride and never looked back.
You may think this was what spurred me on, encouraged me to live every day as though it was my last, the fear of being caught for her murder. But things were different back then. She was a freak in a sideshow, she mattered to the police as much as garbage in the gutter. And the sideshow, well, they could always… recruit fresh talent. There was a new Lady Alligator around every corner.
The truth is – and yes, I promised you the truth – that I have pushed every day of my life to the very brink because, as I said, I understand what most people don’t. Life is finite, whether you believe it or not. We only get so many spins.
And I know, in that same dark room inside myself, that when I run out of spins, I’ll face her again. It.
I’ll pay for my sins by staring into those eyes, the same ones that shed a single tear on the day we were wed, the ones above that terrible smile. When my life is over my hell will begin, all pointed teeth and scaly skin. If you’re reading this now, I’m already gone, and it’s already started.
Live every day to the fullest.
We all leave in different ways.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 25 celebrity wardrobe malfunctions that went viral – #3 is a must see! (With Pictures)
- 5 sex requests women hate to hear – Guys see this now!
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- Yvonne Nelson loses temper, fights journalists at press conference (Watch Video)
- Things we have noticed since Buhari assumed power (Must Read)
- Top 10 best 9mm pistols in the world & their prices (With Pictures)
- 10 most powerful teenagers in the world right now.. Guess who is number 1? (With Pics)
- 20 powerful ‘I love you’ quotes that gets straight to the heart
- 10 ways to spot breast implants (With Pictures)
- 12 very overrated Ghanaians in entertainment (+Photos)
- Top 10 song theft scandals that shook Nigerian music industry..