Buhari changed his mind on total Sharia law implementation – President Muhammadu Buhari voiced his opinion about the total sharia law implementation in all parts of Nigeria. Speaking yesterday in an exclusive interview to the Al Jazeera journalist Mehdi Hasan, Buhari was asked whether he supports the implementation of the Sharia law in all parts of NIgeria.
- The long list of celebs Rihanna has slept with.. (With Pictures)
- 5 Nigerian male celebrities who got married to older women (With Pictures)
- Photos of how top female celebrities looked like before they became rich and famous (+Photos)
- Top 20 most stunning celebrity wedding dresses ever – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
Hassan quoted Buhari’s statement dated back to 2001: “God willing we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the sharia [law] in the country.”
However, Buhari changed his point of view on imposing the sharia all over Nigeria after becoming Nigeria’s president: “I haven’t been voted by a majority of Nigerians to change Nigerian constitution [therefore] I can’t change it”, Buhari told explaining that some sharia punishments such as stoning to death for adultery and extremities’ cutting off for stealing contradict Nigerian laws and the constitution.
Besides that Buhari refused to acknowledge the allegations against him about human rights violations as the military ruler of Nigeria in 1980s. “If there is any injustice that can be proved against me when I was there, I will gladly apologise,” told Buhari.
Muhammadu Buhari also re-emphasized that he is determined to defeat Boko Haram insurgency by December this year, but at the same time acknowledged that he is ready to sit down at the negotiating table with the Boko Haram militants to secure the release of the Chibok girls.
“They have to prove to us that they are alive, they are well, and then we can negotiate with them,” told Muhammadu Buhari his conditions of the negotiations with the members of the dreaded Islamic sect.
Speaking recently about Boko Haram President Muhammadu Buhari said: “Nigeria will not negotiate out of fear”.
President Muhammadu Buhari has taken part in “UpFront”, a programme on Aljazeera English on October 16.
The president assured Nigerians that he would defeat Boko Haram by the end of 2015 and “as soon as the rainy season comes, which is by the end of the year… Boko Haram will virtually be out of their main stronghold and that will be the end of it”.
Speaking about the Shari’a law that is supported by Boko Haram militants, the president said:
“Nigerians have the right to worship any religion, but no religion advocates hunting the innocent. You cannot kill innocent people and shout ‘Allahu Akbar’… Boko Haram is anything but Islamic,” he concluded.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 types of kisses guys love most..
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who did odd jobs before fame – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 13 celeb transformation looks that shocked the world (With Pics)
- No Bra Day: 22 celebrities who stepped out without wearing bra (With Pictures)
- Forbes releases top 10 richest African musicians for 2015 – Number 2 will shock you! (+Pics)
- 10 Nigerian male celebrities who are notorious womanizers (With Pictures)
- Reasons why girls cheat so easily on their guy – The real truth!
- Top 5 Nigerian celebrities with the hottest daughters (With Pictures)
- Top Nigerian celebrities who gave birth to beautiful children in 2015 (Photos)
- Top 10 sexiest women in Nigerian music industry – See who’s number! (With Pictures)
- For over 10 years now, Desmond Elliot still angry with Ramsey Noah – See what happened!
- The 5 most troublesome Nigerian celebrities – See who #1 is (With Pics)
- 10 Shocking facts about Colombian drug Lord Pablo Escobar (With Pictures)
- 10 celebrities who hate their parents – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- The 12 highest paid WWE wrestlers in 2015 – See who’s number 1! (With Pictures)