Wande Coal signs new management deal – Wande Coal signs management deal with foremost PR firm Upfront and Personal – The move is expected to help the former Mo’Hits star attain further greatness with his music – Upfront and Persona currently handles established music stars such as Wizkid, Seyi Shay and Wizkid among others
- 7 Punchlines you missed from Wizkid’s latest insult at Linda Ikeji – She will cry after seeing this! (With Pictures)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who can’t do without smoking (With Pictures)
- 13 Nigerian celebrities who totally hate Linda Ikeji and the things they’ve done to her (With Pictures)
- 20 Celebrities with natural butts that are hotter than Kim Kardashian’s (With Pictures)
Nigerian pop star Wande Coal has signed a new management deal with the hope of spreading his reach into a bigger audience base as well as enjoying corporate sponsorship, among other things.
The singer inked the management and PR deal with renowned outfit Upfront and Personal Bookings and Management Agency.
The management and consulting firm is the agency currently responsible for the likes of Cobhams Asuquo, Davido, Wizkid and Seyi Shay, and their massive successes are a testament to the firm’s reach, acclaim and corporate industry affiliations.
Industry watchers say Paul Okoye, the agency head, has strong links with music licensing companies as well as corporate clients like Pepsi, Konga and MTN among others.
In the past, Wande Coal did business with Bankulli Entertainment but the partnership soon fell apart over irreconcilable reasons.
Insiders cite the singer’s attitude problems as one of the major reasons both parties fell out. Several efforts to get them back together proved abortive.
The Ashimapeyin singer joined forces with Bankulli Entertainment after his exit from Mavin Records in 2013 after which he set up his music label Black Diamond Entertainment.
This is not the first split between the singer and his manager, recall that he also ended his relationship with Nana Abbey in 2013.
According to NET, Abbey and Wande Coal formed a solid working relationship after former Mo’Hits group manager Sunday Are introduced the former to the label, a situation that brought him close to the singer after which they worked together when Wande left Mavin Records.
In March 2016, the pop star spoke to Adesope Olajide of Factory 780 TV on his plans for 2016 as well as efforts to collaborate with erstwhile label mate Dbanj.
He also talked about switching styles from the ballads and love songs to more pop and club-ready songs as part of efforts to modify his craft and reflect present industry demands.
The entertainer added that he deliberately ‘went off the radar’ prior to the release of his last album because he wanted to focus more on the music with less distractions.
Wande Coal’s Wanted album dropped in 2015 and met mixed reviews for obvious reasons – the expectations were too high.
Over time, the 30-year-old musician has risen to the top of the game in Nigeria despite major setbacks in forms of label issues at MoHits Records and Mavin Records under Don Jazzy as well as a few other personal dramas.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 15 throwback pictures of Nigerian celebrities that will help restore your hope in life..
- 13 actual facts about the Titanic that will shock you! (With Pictures)
- Top 20 Richest pornstars in the world – See how rich they are! (With Pictures)
- 10 Romantic things to do after making love – This will make your lover love you forever!
- 13 Unpleasant things about Beyonce EVERYONE needs to know (With Pictures)
- Peter Okoye prays as his solo career starts – See what he posted!
- Top 7 richest Nigerian musicians in 2016 – This Forbes ranking will surprise you! (With Pictures)
- Nigerian female celebs that drive the most expensive cars – They’re the big ballers (With Pics)
- 7 Top Nigerian celebrities that are not university graduates (With Pictures)
- 10 Risk of having too much sex – You really need to see this!