Why Manchester United sacked Louis Van Gaal – Dutchman Louis van Gaal has been fired as Manchester United manager – Van Gaal led United to a fifth position finish in the 2015/2016 EPL season – Van Gaal’s big money signings failed to repay their respective transfer fees Reports claim that Manchester United have booted Louis Van Gaal as their manager after a dismal outing in the 2015/16 English premier League season.
- The 12 most memorable Davido moments that shook Nigeria (With Pictures)
- 39 Real names of Nigerian celebrities that will shock their fans (+Photos)
- For one week, I decided to SLEEP with my boyfriend whenever he wanted (Here’s what happened)
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were teenagers (With Photos)
The Dutchman and his back room staff were relieved of their duties despite winning the FA Cup on Saturday May 21. The 64-year-old was informed of his sack at approximately 8.45am after he resumed work at Carrington on Monday, May 23.
The following are the five reasons Van Gaal was sacked..
1. Failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League group stage
For a club with a huge pedigree like Manchester United, being absent in next season’s Champions League is a fact that shows their poor run of form in the Premier League.
The Red Devils finished the league in fifth position with 65 points, 25 points behind eventual winners Leicester City.